“Working Together to End Abortion in California”
June 17, 2017 at RiverLakes Community Church, 4301 Calloway Drive, Bakersfield
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Hotel Information, AirBnB, and other housing options
See a listing of all the hotels in the Bakersfield area near RiverLakes Community Church, sorted by price, location, and amenities. The hotel we have found to be the most reasonable, nice quality and located nearby is the La Quinta Inn and Suites Bakersfield North at 8858 Spectrum Parkway, with Free Parking, Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, for $95 per night for two Double Beds.
AirBnB website for rooms, apartments, and homes in the Bakersfield area
- Parking– free parking is available near RiverLakes Community Church
- Airport to use– Bakersfield BFL Meadows Field
- What is included in the registration fee? Your registration fee includes morning hospitality (fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, juice), lunch, program materials, and Californians for Life promotional gifts.
- What other groups are meeting before and after the Summit? Stay tuned for details about other groups which will be meeting and pro-life events which will be occuring in conjunction with the Summit.
- Why California? Why now?
June 14th, 2017, marks the FIFTIETH year of legalized abortion here in CA, as a result of the Bielenson Act, the Therapeutic Abortion Act of 1967. 1/5 of all US abortions take place right here in California, which is over 200,000 lives lost and women hurt each year, paid for with our state tax dollars. We have more abortion businesses than any other state. Non-physicians, such as nurses, physicians assistants, and midwives, are allowed to perform abortions here in California. The abortion industry has been de-regulated in recent years and the reimbursement rate for Medi-Cal paid abortions has increased by 40%. Unlike 39 other states, we have no Parental Involvement laws to protect young girls. Abortion was legalized here in California in 1967, preceding the Roe v Wade decision. As we approach 50 years of abortion in our state, may we come together for a time such as this to work together, in collaborative synergy, for the purpose of making abortion unthinkable. Californians for Life began in 2013, when state and national leaders decided to take seriously the responsibility we have to end abortion in our state. Please join in this collaborative effort!